It’s Coming Out Day! I’ve officially been out for over a year and some months now and I genuinely couldn’t be happier. I’m not saying it’s all sunshine and roses all day, errday, but I’ll never regret living my authentic life. It’s definitely been worth dealing with the shitty things that have been said or done to me. In honor of today, I give you my list of the best things to happen since I came out.
- I live an authentic life.
- I routinely get to serve as “safe place” for others who want to come out or just ask questions without judgement. (Seriously. People message, text, and email me often. If you need an ear to listen, PLEASE feel free.
- My entire life makes more sense. Including my childhood and teenage years…
- In my own small way, I am helping to normalize the LGBTQ+ community
- Pride. It’s fun. I get to go and live freely. In the last calendar year alone, I attended three pride festivals, two pride cruises, and one pride parade.
- Maybe just a few people on this silly planet are learning a bit about love and tolerance.
- My friendships got realer. I may have lost a few, but I also gained plenty. The ones that stuck it out are the real deal.
- My kids know love is love is love. And they live and see that every day.
- I have the most honest and respectful relationship with my ex-husband that I’ve ever had.
- I met the love of my life.
What’s your experience been? Feel free to share your story!